septimo dia - Saturday

Today, moving a bit slower... Still feeling extremely fortunate to be at this beautiful place, but not getting as much sleep as I'd like for all the hiking and activity we are doing each day.  We worked through a few samples today, and identified some interesting invertebrates.  There was a rat-tailed maggot in our sample!!  Love that name.  Plenty of beetle larvae and mosquitoes, too. 

We had looked at one of the camera traps earlier, and saw an agouti.  When we collected the other camera traps, nothing but people were on there - bummer.  We left two cameras out until Monday so hopefully we will find something on them.  Saturday night, the cultural exchange was really beautiful.  I loved Jayden's song.  It took me somewhere else.  The rest of the exchanges were really wonderful, and I really appreciate each of you sharing from the heart.  I would like to share a song from my family, but feel a bit too shy right now.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday-el cuarto dia

Sunday first day

Thursday el quinto dia